Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still waiting...

Well up to this point, indeed the swelling has gone down reasonably well. Although there still is the bruising on my pinky finger.

Oddly the bruising surrounds the scar tissue near my pinky knuckle that I got from punching a rear-view mirror (around 2003) because some moron was behind me and blinding my forward vision with high beams and driving lights, in the fricken city with already well lit streets of course.

I do not use the half-brace asides from nighttime or outings. My right hand still seems deformed with the big lump and minor swelling across the top of the hand.

I can almost coil my right fingers to assume a mid-knuckle type of straight fist, not that I am expecting to be combative or whack the floor again. I can almost assume mobility asides from an actual fist that includes the damaged pinky. I can't seem to grasp small items/handles that are smaller than say, the circumference of a glass. The stress on the pinky is just too great. Obviously, I can run the keyboard at full steam though and actually write again along with other tasks that were taken for granted.

I do wonder though. I was comparing the main knuckle joint movement of my left hand pinky versus the right, in regards to flexing motion and whatnot, and I do not like what I noticed. What concerns me is that the right pinky does not seem to flex via the actual knuckle or so it appears. I am aware that the skeletal structure is somewhat free floating in principal. However, it would seem that the fusing area moves instead of the actual knuckle (where ever it may be under there). This worries me as I wish to isolate the fusing area from the knuckle when utilizing the pinky. Perhaps I am impeding the fusing process while trying to moderately rehabilitate my hand. Ah well, I will have to leave it to my own discretion because there is diddly squat over the web to find answers.

All that matters to me is to have my hand back up to speed, without damaging it by stress or negative motion. Ah yes, perhaps I should simply leave it be and hope for the best. Patience is a virtue, but idle motion can also be hazardous to other components. Let it be, let it be.

No comments: